What are Roll Stamping Services?
Roll Stamping is similar to Impression Marking, but involves a flat die and a round part. The flat die is pressed into the round part as it rolls across the periphery. Rolling a die over a part creates less stress since all of the pressure is not being applied to the marking area at the same time.
Pros of Roll Stamping Services
- Ability to achieve deep marks (over 0.030”) with less stress on the marking area
- Very fast cycle time which reduces costs for high volume jobs
- Reproduce marking image and depth from piece to piece with no variation
Features of Roll Stamping Services
- 15 different Roll Marking Machines with Hydraulic and Pneumatic capabilities
- Ability to Roll Stamp along a periphery and along an axis
- Ability to Roll Stamp parts and produce Roll Stamping dies in-house, thus reducing customer costs
- Common Part Marking Specifications for Roll Stamping include Spec SAE AS478, Spec MIL-STD-130, Boeing Spec BAC5307, Parker Aerospace Spec BPS 4106, General Electric Spec P23TF3, & Sikorsky Spec SS8798