What are 3D Debossing Dies / 3D EDM Die Services?
A 3D Debossing Die is similar to a 2D Debossing Die in that it is a hardened tool steel blank (at least a Rockwell of 58) with raised reverse characters that will be pressed into a part. However, a 3D Debossing Die has characters that are curved in order to stamp an image flush with a round part.
Universal Metal Marking utilizes state-of-the-art CNC Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) Sinker technology to yield the sharpest, crispest, and most long-lasting die images.
Pros of 3D Debossing Dies / 3D EDM Die Services
- Provides the ability to evenly impression mark round surfaces
- Sharp and crisp images
- Customized artwork appears directly on die
- Ability to reuse die and repeat image from piece to piece
Features of 3D Debossing Dies / 3D EDM Die Services
- Make the characters curved with a flat base, characters flat on a curved base, or make characters curved on a curved base
- EDM characters to your desired radius
- EDM characters as deep as 0.100”
- EDM characters as small as 0.005” high
- Sharpen your dull, worn-out dies to add value and save costs in your stamping procedure
- Directly upload your exact vector artwork into our machines to ensure your die is EXACTLY what you designed
- Common Part Marking Specifications for 3D EDM Dies include Spec SAE AS478, Spec MIL-STD-130, Boeing Spec BAC5307, Parker Aerospace Spec BPS 4106, General Electric Spec P23TF3, & Sikorsky Spec SS8798