What are Silk Screening / Screen Printing Services?
Silk Screening (or Screen Printing) is an Ink Marking Method in which ink or paint is transferred through woven mesh onto an ink-blocking stencil. The capillary action of pumping the ink through the mesh openings yields the stencil image on the part.
Pros of Silk Screening / Screen Printing Services
- Low pressure applied to marking area
- Variety of inks can be used
- Can be applied to many different materials such as metal, plastic, wood, glass, and ceramics
Features of Silk Screening / Screen Printing Services
- Ability to produce high-run and low-run jobs
- Wide range of colors and the ability to use virtually any color per a customer’s specification
- Common Part Marking Specifications for Silk Screening / Screen Printing include Boeing Spec BAC5307 and Parker Aerospace Spec BPS 4106