What are Diamond Scribing / Scratch Engraving Diamond Drag Services?
Diamond Scribing is the process of engraving with a precision pin manufactured with natural diamonds to increase the pin’s hardness. The diamonds in the precision pin are also polished to reduce the friction with the marked part. The end result is extraordinarily clear, sharp, legible characters on the hardest of part surfaces.
Pros of Diamond Scribing / Scratch Engraving Diamond Drag Services
- Very clear marks on extremely hard surfaces
- Can hold extremely tight tolerances on marking location and depth
Features of Diamond Scribing / Scratch Engraving Diamond Drag Services
- Can mark parts up to 24” x 48”
- Ability to mark flats, rounds and irregular shaped parts
- Shallow Marking Depths (under 0.003” deep)
- Typical marks include: Serial Numbers, Part Numbers, Cage Codes, Manufacturing Numbers, and Date Codes
- Common Part Marking Specifications for Diamond Dragging/Scribing include Spec SAE AS478, Spec MIL-STD-130, & General Electric Spec P23TF3