What are Hot Stamping Services?
Hot Stamping is the process of pressing a custom-made heated die into a part. Hot Stamping is typically performed on softer non-metallic materials such wood, leather, cork, and rubber. When other forms of Impression Marking are attempted with softer materials, the mark will “release” or not stay in place. The heat from a Hot Stamping procedure, in conjunction with the pressure and dwell time, will yield a deep, lasting mark.
Pros of Hot Stamping Services
- Deep, lasting mark that will not “release”
- Very fast cycle time which reduces costs for high volume jobs
Features of Hot Stamping Services
- Ability to heat custom-made dies to over 650 degrees
- Ability to press a die with up to 3,000 lbs. of pressure
- Ability to sustain long dwell times (over 2 minutes per stamp)
- Common Part Marking Specifications for Hot Stamping include Spec SAE AS478, Boeing Spec BAC5307, Parker Aerospace Spec BPS 4106, & Sikorsky Spec SS8798