What are CNC Engraving Services?
CNC Engraving is the automated form of Pantograph Engraving. Instead of an operator manually tracing a pattern with a stylus, Universal Metal Marking’s CNC Engraving Machines allows uploading of a customer’s vector art file directly into the CNC Engraver. The part is then engraved with the exact artwork the customer provided. If you can print it, we can engrave it.
Pros of CNC Engraving Services
- Customized artwork will be engraved directly onto part
- Can hold extremely tight tolerances on marking location and depth
Features of CNC Engraving Services
- Engrave along a periphery, a radius, or a flat
- Parts as small as 0.125” x 0.125” and as large as 24” x 48”
- Depths from 0.001” to 0.030”
- Location Tolerances as low as 0.001”
- Hardened parts up to 55 Rockwell
- End Marks include: Sequential Numbering, Part Identification Numbers, Company Logos
- Common Part Marking Specifications for CNC Engraving include Spec SAE AS478, Spec MIL-STD-130, Parker Aerospace Spec BPS 4106, & General Electric Spec P23TF3