What are 2D Debossing Dies and 2D EDM Die Services?
A Debossing Die is a hardened tool steel blank (at least a Rockwell of 58) with raised reverse characters that will be pressed into a part. Universal Metal Marking utilizes state of the art CNC Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) Sinker technology to yield the sharpest, crispest, and most long-lasting die images.
Pros of 2D Debossing Dies and EDM Die Services
- Customized artwork appears directly on die
- Ability to reuse die and repeat image from piece to piece
- Sharp and crisp images
Features of 2D Debossing Dies and EDM Die Services
- Manufacture Bold Face, Flat Face, Graphic, Outline Style Dies, or Die Sets
- EDM characters as deep as 0.100”
- EDM characters as small as 0.010”
- Sharpen your dull, worn-out dies to add value and save costs in your stamping procedure
- Directly upload your exact vector artwork into our machines to ensure your die is EXACTLY what you designed
- Common Part Marking Specifications for Debossing Dies include Spec SAE AS478, Spec MIL-STD-130, Boeing Spec BAC5307, Parker Aerospace Spec BPS 4106, General Electric Spec P23TF3, & Sikorsky Spec SS8798