What are Laser Etching Services?
Laser Marking is the most versatile of all marking methods. Laser Marking is a Non-Contact form of marking in which a CNC machine directs a laser beam as small as 0.002” in diameter to cut through a work piece to a desired depth. Laser Markings with depths greater than 0.002” are considered to be Laser Engraved, while Laser Markings with depths 0.002” or shallower are considered to be Laser Etched.
Pros of Laser Etching Services
- Very low stress on parts, which is ideal for pressure-sensitive parts
- Ability to transfer very detailed graphic images with complex artwork
- Strictest tolerances for size and location
- Extremely fast marking cycle time for high volume jobs
- Consistent repeatability of mark from part to part
Features of Laser Etching Services
- Ability to make light/frosted marks or dark marks
- Very complex fixtures to accommodate marking on multiple rounds, flats, hex, and planes in ONE operation which reduces the cost to the customer
- Versatile Part Materials: metal, plastic, glass, and wood
- Versatile Part Surfaces: Heat Treated, Anodized, Painted, Coated, or Light Sensitive
- Versatile Part Sizes: 0.020” up to 8 feet in length
- Depths from 0.0001” to 0.002”
- Common Part Marking Specifications for Electro Chemical Etching Services include Spec SAE AS478, Spec MIL-STD-130, Parker Aerospace Spec BPS 4106, General Electric Spec P23TF3, & Sikorsky Spec SS8798