What are Ink Rolling Services?
Ink Rolling is similar to Ink Marking in that a custom-made rubber stamp is dipped into ink and then stamped into the part. However, Ink Rolling (as the name suggests) is the process of rolling an inked stamp on a round surface. UMMCO can also apply a clear polyurethane coating to round parts the mark to ensure permanency of the ink mark.
Pros of Ink Rolling Services
- Long lasting mark
- Low pressure applied to marking area
- High contrast mark
Features of Ink Rolling Services
- Ability to mark around a periphery or along an axis of a round part
- Capability of manufacturing custom-made stamps in-house, which reduces customer costs
- Ability to serialize part numbers, manufacturing numbers, etc.
- Access to, and strong knowledge of, many inks called out for in many Aerospace, Military, and Industrial Specifications
- Access to many two-part epoxy inks which provide for greatly reduced drying times
- Ability to apply clear polyurethane coating to maximize the life of the mark
- Common Part Marking Specifications for Ink Rolling include Spec MIL-STD-130, Boeing Spec BAC5307, Parker Aerospace Spec BPS 4106, General Electric Spec P23TF3, & Sikorsky Spec SS8798