What are 3D Engraving Services?
3D Engraving is similar to Pantograph Engraving discussed above. While many engraving applications require control in only two directions, 3D Engraving offers an additional engraving axis. This is vital to marking an extremely complex radius or when seeking a three dimensional appearance of the mark itself.
Pros of 3D Engraving Services
- Ideal for extremely complex radiuses and inclines
- Yields an aesthetically pleasing 3D appearance of mark
Features of 3D Engraving Services
- Ability to mark around a full 360 degree O.D.
- Parts as small as 0.5” O.D. and as large as 60” O.D.
- Depths from 0.001” to 0.030”
- Location Tolerances as low as 0.001”
- Applications include: Radial die electrodes, acrylic, bars, tubes, pipe, and every type of metal
- Common Part Marking Specifications for 3D Engraving include Spec SAE AS478, Spec MIL-STD-130, Parker Aerospace Spec BPS 4106, & General Electric Spec P23TF3