What are Ink Filling Services?
Ink Filling is a two-part marking process. First, a part is engraved, etched, or stamped to a minimum depth of 0.005” to create a deep mark. Then, ink is applied to the mark. The purpose of the Engrave & Ink Filling procedure is to create a strong and permanent contrast while still having depth, unlike a mark that is only Ink Marked.
Pros of Ink Filling Services
- One of the most permanent marks available
- Application on a variety of surfaces including flats, rounds, odd-shaped parts, and tags
- High contrast mark
Features of Ink Filling Services
- Ability to perform all Engraving, Etching, or Stamping methods in-house
- Access to, and strong knowledge of, many inks called out for in many Aerospace, Military, and Industrial Specifications
- Access to many two-part epoxy inks which provide for greatly reduced drying times
- Common Part Marking Specifications for Ink Filling include Spec MIL-STD-130, Boeing Spec BAC5307, Parker Aerospace Spec BPS 4106, General Electric Spec P23TF3, & Sikorsky Spec SS8798